- recipe for 9" double pie crust
- 4 c. elderberries
- 1c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 3Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix cornstarch in a little bit of water and add to berries and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly until desired thickness. Add more cornstarch if not thick enough. Add lemon juice.
- Pour into bottom crust. Dot with butter. Put on top crust or make a lattice.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until browned and berries are bubbling through holes in the crust, approximately 40 minutes.
- Note: It is a good idea to put a pan or foil under the pie